Thursday 4 February 2016

Armies on Parade 2015 part V: Cyberhounds

It's time for another unit from my Armies on Parade 2015 entry. This time i want to share my Cyberhounds and their Handler. Originally These models where made for my daemons, as Flesh Hounds. If I ever play a game using Daemons, I'll probably use them as such. But when I was building my second batch of hounds (the four painted beige), I put them beside one of my Mechanicus models and they looked great together. I then decided to use the hounds as some kind of dog servitor, with servo-skulls as heads. 

The Houds are based on GW Fantasy Chaos Warhounds and Tomb Kings horse skulls. I only had one Horse skull in my bitz box, so I made a quick instant-mould to cast the rest in green stuff.  Green-stuff dries softer than plastic, so I was able to cut off the lower jaw, and glue it back into place on some of the hounds, to make a couple with open mouths. If I make more hounds, I'll add some cables and other mechanical details to make them more 40k/mechanicum looking. 

The Handler is based on the Corpse Cart driver, with a FW servo skull and servo arms. 





When using them as chaos hounds, I decided to make a daemon leader for the squad instead of the Mechanicum Handler. I had a FW hound in my great box of bitz, and made it into a classic Cerberus conversion. The model is still WIP, so I'll add some more 40k details and cut the cables.


4 comments:

  1. That whole group is brilliant. The handler is great. The hounds could certainly use cables or some kind of mechanicum bits, but the concept in general is perfect. I'm sure I'll use the idea myself at some point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers! I think I need at least 3 more, to have a squad of ten. So if I really 40kify the rest, I think the whole group will fit better with the theme of the rest of the army.

      It was a very easy and effective way to create Mechanicum/Daemon hounds, so you should defiantly try it out!

      Delete
  2. This is brilliant. I guess the handler needs the servo hands in case he get attacked be the beasts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's what exactly I thought when I created him!

      Delete