Monday 4 August 2014

Armies on Parade part I

It has been a while since the last time I updated this blog. During the summer I've been occupied by real life stuff. But a couple of days ago, I finally sat down and started my next 40k project; an entry for the norwegian Armies on Parade.

First I thought about finishing my World Eaters, but decided that the army would be to small. A 2x2 feet display board would look too big for them. So I decided to go with my bigger army of Tyranids. 

I want the display of the army to bee more of a diorama, than just an army. The plan is to have my tyranids swarming through a ruined Imperial city, leaping towards a couple of Imperial survivors. 


The Shrine of the Aquila has been converted to have two, instead of one head, to look more like the Impreial Aquila worn by the Space Marines. 


A Carnifex has been converted to have a running pose, crashing through one of the Shrines walls. This is still very WIP. 


This picture gives an Idea of how the project will look once it's finished. 


The last convert for tonight is a Lictor, climbing the back of a ruined king Leonidas statue, representing a long dead Imperial hero. 

More updates will follow soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment